How to Prepare For Breast Implant RemovalPosted on January 15, 2020
Any breast implant revision plastic surgery is usually more complex than the primary breast augmentation procedure.
The steps involved in the breast implant removal surgery preparation will be quite similar to the original breast enhancement procedure. The surgeon will discuss these steps thoroughly with the surgeon during the pre-op consultation.
Patients who understand the procedure and are well-prepared tend to experience lesser pre-operative anxiety. They also have a better chance of achieving safe and effective outcomes. Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. David Kim provides breast implant removal to patients in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, CA, and surrounding communities.
The below-mentioned guidelines will enable patients to prepare appropriately for breast implant removal:
- Arrange to have their health records sent from the physician and specialists directly to the surgeon’s office
- Enlist all medications, such as prescription drugs, NSAIDs, blood thinners, herbal supplements, and vitamins that the patient currently takes
- Get medical exams or mammograms done as directed by the surgeon
- If the surgeon requires a change in the schedule of any prescription meds, they will do so in discussion with the prescribing physician
- In case the patient smokes, they will need to quit smoking for the period specified by the surgeon
- Complete any urgent household or work-related activities before the procedure to enjoy a relaxed recovery phase
- Ask a friend or family member or hire a caregiver to provide assistance during the initial recovery period, if required
- The patient should ask a responsible person to drive them home after breast implant removal cosmetic surgery
The patient should follow the surgeon’s preparation guidelines in a diligent manner for safe and predictable outcomes.
Do’s and Don’ts
The surgeon’s administrative staff may provide the patient with a copy of common surgery instructions or do’s and don’ts to allow the patient to prepare for her breast implant removal surgery. These guidelines may include the following:
- Do not use aspirin, ibuprofen, and other blood thinners as well as NSAIDs for a minimum of two weeks prior to the surgery.
- Do vitamin C, vitamin E, homeopathic remedies, and herbal supplements for at least two to four weeks before the procedure.
- Avoid wearing makeup, contact lenses, body piercings, or jewelry to the surgical venue.
- Wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothing, and shoes on the surgery day. Correlating with this, the top should be front-open as the procedure involve the upper body.
- Do not consume alcohol for a minimum of 48 hours before the procedure.
- If breast implant removal procedure warrants the use of general anesthesia, avoid drinking and eating for eight hours before the procedure.
- Diabetic patients should have their vital parameters evaluated on the morning of the procedure.
Some patients may experience post-operative anxiety and stress a day before the procedure. In these types of cases, the surgeon may prescribe an anti-anxiety medication for the patient to be used a night before the surgery. Cosmetic surgeon Dr. David Kim receives patients from Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, CA, and nearby areas for breast implant removal.
Serving Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, West Hollywood, Orange County, Southern California and surrounding areas.