Ear Surgery in Beverly Hills
Otoplasty — also known as cosmetic ear surgery — is a procedure to change the shape, position or size of the ears. You might choose to have otoplasty if you’re bothered by how far your ears stick out from your head. You might also consider otoplasty if your ear or ears are misshapen due to an injury or birth defect.
Otoplasty creates a more natural shape while bringing balance and proportion to the ears and face. Correction of even minor deformities can have profound beneﬁts to appearance and self-esteem. If protruding or disﬁgured ears bother you or your child, you may consider plastic surgery.
What can ear surgery treat?
- Overly large ears – a condition called macrotia
- Protruding ears occurring on one or both sides in varying degrees – not associated with hearing loss
- Adult dissatisfaction with previous ear surgery
Your Ear Surgery Consultation
During your ear surgery consultation be prepared to discuss:
- Why you want the procedure, your expectations and desired outcome
- Medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments
- Use of current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drugs
- Previous surgeries
Your plastic surgeon will also:
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Take photographs for your medical record
- Discuss your options and recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of ear surgery and any risks or potential complications
Schedule a Consultation with Board Certified Beverly Hills California Plastic Surgeon Dr. Kim
Also visit drdavidkim.com
Serving Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, West Hollywood, Orange County, Southern California and surrounding areas.