Choosing The Best Brow/Forehead Lift Plastic Surgeon in Beverly HillsPosted on November 15, 2019
The decision to undergo brow lift plastic surgery is a significant one which the patient will have to live with for several years, likely their entire lifetime.
For this reason, it is important to identify a highly skilled and experienced forehead lift surgeon for this procedure. Brow lift surgery can offer patients a higher level of self-esteem and confidence.
However, in the hands of an inexperienced cosmetic surgeon, a patient may face the chances of poor results leading to disappointment as well as additional time and money spent in revision surgery. Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. David Kim provides forehead lift to patients in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, and surrounding locations.
Identifying an ABPS Board Certified Surgeon
It’s wise for patients to ensure that the plastic surgeon that they are considering is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS).
Many patients consider state boards to be a trustworthy source to ensure that the surgeon that they select is trained to undertake the procedures that they promote. But state governments do not require a surgeon to be board certified in the specific procedures that they advertise to patients.
Therefore, it is vital for patients to work with a brow lift surgeon who is certified by the ABPS in plastic surgery. Board-certified surgeons must receive a minimum number of years of training in surgery following med school along with completing at least two years of plastic surgery residency training to achieve this globally-recognized certification.
Personal Rapport and Comfort Level
Patients should also pay close attention to how the surgeon and their staff make them feel. There is an inherent risk of complications in any surgical procedure, which may cause challenges in the patient’s journey to accomplishing their desired cosmetic outcomes.
They must feel fully at ease with the cosmetic surgeon and their team. For this reason, the patient should select a forehead lift surgeon whom they trust and feel completely comfortable with.
To better gauge their comfort level with the surgeon, the patient should ask themselves the below-mentioned questions:
- How does spending time with this plastic surgeon make me feel?
- Do I implicitly trust this surgeon to guide me on safe and suitable procedures?
- Am I comfortable enough to freely ask this surgeon any questions or express concerns that I may have throughout the forehead lift cosmetic surgery process?
- Will I feel comfortable revealing my entire medical history and lifestyle behaviors to this surgeon?
Ask Questions during the Consultation
The patient should ideally create a list of questions for the plastic surgeon before their initial consultation. Following are some areas that the patient can ask the surgeon at the time of the pre-op consultation:
- Details on the surgeon’s qualifications and background
- Information on the surgical venue where the procedure will be undertaken (ensure that the brow lift is performed at a hospital, a surgical center, or an accredited private surgical suite)
- Emergency protocols
- Risks and complications associated with brow lift surgery
- The number of facial surgeries that the surgeon has performed in the past
- Other alternatives to brow lift surgery
- Before and after photos of previous forehead lift patients
In case the patient feels that the surgeon is not forthcoming or transparent in their responses, they should step back and re-assess their choice of cosmetic surgeon for their forehead lift surgery. Cosmetic surgeon Dr. David Kim receives patients from Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, and nearby areas for forehead lift surgery.
For more information on the surgical and non-surgical procedures and treatments by Board Certified Cosmetic Plastic Surgeons Dr. David Kim and Dr. Eugene Kim. Click here to contact us today.
Serving Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, West Hollywood, Orange County, Southern California and surrounding areas.