How to Prepare For Breast Implant Revision Plastic SurgeryPosted on August 30, 2018
A breast revision cosmetic surgery procedure is usually more complicated than the original breast augmentation procedure.
However, the steps involved in preparing for a breast revision surgery will be quite similar to the previous breast enhancement procedure. The surgeon will elaborate on these steps in detail during the initial consultation.
Patients who prepare adequately for the surgery usually experience lesser pre-operative anxiety and have a better chance of attaining safe and predictable outcomes. Devoted Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. David Kim provides breast implant revision to patients in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, and surrounding locations in The Golden State.
The below mentioned guidelines will enable a patient to prepare sufficiently for breast revision plastic surgery:
- Arrange to have medical records sent from the physician and specialists directly to the surgeon’s office.
- Enlist all medications such as prescription meds, NSAIDs, blood thinners, herbal supplements, and vitamins that the patient currently uses.
- Get mammograms or medical tests done as directed by the surgeon.
- In case any prescription meds schedule needs to be altered prior to the surgery, have the surgeon speak to the prescribing physician.
- In case the patient smokes, they need to quit smoking for the duration specified by the surgeon.
- Complete any urgent tasks at home or work prior to the procedure to enjoy a relaxed and comfortable recovery.
- Ask a family member or friend or employ a caregiver to help during the initial recovery period, as necessary.
- The patient should ask a responsible person to drive them back home following the revision procedure.
The patient should follow the surgeon’s guidelines dedicatedly to prepare for the surgery to ensure her own safety.
Do’s and Don’ts
The surgeon’s staff may provide a copy of common surgery guidelines or do’s and don’ts to help the patient prepare for the breast revision procedure. These guidelines may include:
- Avoid the use of ibuprofen, aspirin, and other blood thinners as well as NSAIDs for a minimum of two weeks prior to the surgery.
- Do not take vitamin C, vitamin E, homeopathic remedies, herbal medicines, and supplements for at least two to four weeks prior to the procedure.
- Refrain from wearing makeup, body piercings, jewelry, or contact lenses to the surgical venue.
- Wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothing and shoes on the surgery day. The top should be front-open as the surgery involves the upper body.
- Do not take alcohol for a minimum of 48 hours before the procedure.
- In case the breast revision surgery requires the use of general anesthesia, avoid eating and drinking for eight hours before the procedure.
- Patients with diabetes should have their parameters evaluated on the morning of the procedure.
Some patients may experience pre-operative stress and anxiety a day before the procedure. The surgeon may prescribe an anti-anxiety medication for the patient to take the night before the surgery in such cases.
Astute cosmetic surgeon Dr. David Kim receives patients from Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, and other towns and cities in this part of the country for breast implant revision surgery.