How to Prepare For Mommy Makeover SurgeryPosted on September 7, 2020
Mommy Makeover Surgery
Pregnancy and childbirth will change the aesthetics and symmetry of a woman’s body. Getting a mommy makeover can help you restore your pre-pregnancy appearance. But you must follow the preparatory guidelines advised by your surgeon to get the desired results.
The more prepared you are for your surgery the better would be your recovery and results. Following the surgeon’s guidelines will significantly shorten your recovery period. To make things easier for you, your surgeon will most likely list out the preparation steps at the time of your pre-operative consultation process.
plastic surgeon Dr. David Kim provides mommy makeover surgery to patients in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, CA, and surrounding communities.
- The preparatory steps should begin well ahead of the scheduled date of your surgery in order to achieve the maximum benefits.
- Choose a date for your surgery that is at least three months after you have completed nursing.
- It is best to refrain from smoking and other tobacco products. This should be followed for at least two to four weeks prior to your surgery.
- You shouldn’t expose yourself to direct sunlight for at least two weeks prior to the mommy makeover.
- Stop using blood thinners, aspirin, Vitamin E, and other health supplements for two weeks before your procedure.
- Freely discuss with your surgeon and convey your lifestyle behaviors such as smoking and drinking honestly. You should also tell them your pre-existing medical conditions if any.
- Shave the top part of your pubic region a week before your mommy makeover surgery.
- Arrange the required medical records and clearance from your general physician so that you could send it to your surgeon’s practice.
- If required, arrange child care during your recovery period.
- It is prudent to have someone accompany you during the surgery so that they could drive you back home after the surgery. If you can arrange a responsible person to help you during your recovery period, it is best to do it well ahead of the surgery.
- Either arrange your bed at ground level or use a step stool if your bed is high. In addition to that, arrange extra pillows to sleep in an elevated position during your recovery period.
Necessary items to be arranged
- Medications prescribed by your surgeon
- A compression or a waist shaping garment
- Prescribed cream scars
- Shower chair for support
- Sports bra, if you undergo breast augmentation surgery
- A first aid kit with gauze bandage box
Suggestions for the day of surgery
- You should not consume any food or drinks for about 8 hours prior to your procedure.
- Take enough rest before your surgery, and try to sleep well the night before your procedure.
- Shampoo your hair and take a good shower the day before your surgery.
- Cleanse the navel region and other surgical sites thoroughly.
- Refrain from wearing makeup, contact lenses, or moisturizers on the day of your mommy makeover surgery.
- You shouldn’t carry any valuables such as jewelry to the surgical venue. Wear front open, comfortable, and loose-fitting clothing.
After your mommy makeover, your surgeon and their team will provide a complete list of post-operative care and recovery guidelines before you return home. Cosmetic surgeon Dr. David Kim receives patients from Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, CA, and nearby areas for mommy makeover surgery.
Schedule a Consultation with Beverly Hills California Plastic Surgeon Dr. Kim
Serving Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, West Hollywood, Orange County, Southern California and surrounding areas.