Preparing For Breast Lift SurgeryPosted on April 15, 2018
A breast lift cosmetic surgery procedure is aimed at addressing laxity and sagginess in the breasts, which may occur due to aging or other factors. The procedure will also correct the position of nipples, if they are downward pointing. Breast lift surgery can successfully restore the perky, youthful appearance of the breasts.
The surgeon will help the patient to form realistic expectations from this surgery. They will recommend the patient to review multiple before and after photos of previous patients. Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. David Kim provides breast lift to patients in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, and other towns and suburbs in this part of The Golden State.
Interaction with Previous Patients
While preparing for a breast lift plastic surgery procedure, the candidate may interact with former breast lift patients who may be willing to share their experiences. Various online platforms such as Facebook, RealSelf, and other websites and forums offer candidates an opportunity to connect with breast lift procedure patients.
If the surgeon suggests certain lifestyle changes or reaching a specific body weight range, the patient should strive to achieve these goals for ideal results from her breast lift. It will also help to reduce the risks of complications.
Before the surgery, the surgeon will ask the patient to:
- Quit smoking for a certain specific period before the breast lift surgery to support the healing process.
- Refrain from taking anti-inflammatory medications, aspirin, and certain herbal supplements that can lead to increased bleeding.
- Ensure that the patient is well-hydrated before and after the procedure for a quick and safe recovery.
- Restrict the consumption of alcohol and avoid completely for 48 hours prior to the surgery.
- Buy sufficient amounts of low-sodium, high protein edibles including fresh fruits and vegetables, pre-cooked meals, and various caffeine-free drinks. It is best not to consume beverages and foods with high salt content for a faster recovery.
- Keep all essential items for the healing period within easy reach. These items should be kept at counter level and not in very high or low cabinets in order to minimize stretching the arms.
- Establish a robust support system for the entire healing phase for a safe and speedy recovery. If the patient has children under the age of five, she should enlist someone to care for them for at least a week. The patient must not drive, lift heavy weights, or undertake major household chores for the initial post-surgery phase.
- Sleep and rest on the back inclined at 25 to 45 degree angle in the first few days after the surgery. The patient can elevate herself by wedging pillows or by using a recliner chair to sleep.
- Avoid the use of hot tubs, hot showers, and saunas for the initial two to three weeks after the breast lift procedure.
- Decide on suitable clothing for the initial days after the procedure. The patient should have garments that are front-open and loose fitting.
The patient should enlist someone to give her a ride back home after the surgery and to stay with her for at least the first night post-surgery. Experienced cosmetic surgeon Dr. David Kim receives patients from Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, and other cities and communities in this region of SoCal for breast lift.
For more information on the surgical and non-surgical procedures and treatments by Board Certified Cosmetic Plastic Surgeons Dr. David Kim and Dr. Eugene Kim, contact us (310) 271-6996 at or click here.
Serving Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, West Hollywood, Orange County, Southern California and surrounding areas.