Preparing For Liposuction Body ContouringPosted on November 20, 2017
Advancements in surgical techniques and introduction of laser and ultrasound technology over the years have made liposuction body contouring a less invasive cosmetic surgery procedure.
However, liposuction is still a major surgery involving thorough preparation in order to achieve safe an outcome that a patient respects and covets. During the initial consultation, the surgeon will provide guidelines for preparation to the patient.
A well-prepared patient will usually have better confidence levels and will be able to make more objective decisions about the procedure. Such patients also often have a reduced risk of complications and quicker recovery. Outstanding, sunny, and board certified plastic surgeon Dr. David Kim of Beverly Hills Plastic Surgery provides liposuction to patients in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, and surrounding locations.
By this time any patient should have already checked out before and after pictures so they have a salient idea on what they have signed up for. Any patient should comprehend what this surgery will entail and what to expect afterward and so on.
Tips for Preparation
A few simple tips for advance preparation can help the patient to have a smooth and efficient liposuction procedure:
- Arrange for past health records from the doctor, specialist and hospital to be sent to the surgeon’s office.
- Make a list of any prescription and non-prescription medications, including supplements, vitamins and herbal medications, which the patient may be currently using.
- If the surgeon recommends adjustments in the schedule of certain prescription drugs, have the surgeon talk to the prescribing physician.
- Avoid smoking for a certain time period as specified by the surgeon before and after the liposuction plastic surgery.
- Complete any pressing household or office assignments prior to the surgery in order to have a stress-free procedure and recovery.
- If necessary, arrange for a family member, friend or a professional caregiver to assist during the first two to three days following liposuction surgery.
- Arrange for someone to drive the patient back home after the procedure.
Patient’s commitment to diligently follow the surgeon’s instructions for preparation will help mitigate the risk and expedite post-treatment recovery.
The surgeon’s office may provide a printed set of common guidelines to the patient as a part of liposuction preparation process. These may include:
- Stop taking any blood thinners, NSAIDs and any such other medications for two weeks before liposuction.
- Do not use vitamin C, vitamin E, herbal supplements and dietary pills for about four weeks prior to the surgery.
- Minimize alcohol intake and completely avoid the use of alcohol for at least 48 hours before the procedure.
- Do not eat or drink anything for eight hours before the scheduled time of surgery.
- Take adequate rest and sleep well on the night before the surgery.
- Do not wear makeup, nail paint, contact lenses, jewelry, or body piercings to the surgery center.
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothes with a front-button top on the day of the procedure.
- Diabetics should have their vital parameters checked on the morning of the surgery.
In some cases, pre-surgery anxiety may occur a day before the procedure. The surgeon may prescribe mild sleep medication to be taken the night before the surgery. Practiced and prudent cosmetic surgeon Dr. Kim receives patients from Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, and other towns and cities in this region of the country for liposuction body contouring. For more information on the surgical and non-surgical procedures and treatments by Board Certified Cosmetic Plastic Surgeons Dr. David Kim and Dr. Eugene Kim, contact us (310) 271-6996 at or click here.
Serving Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, West Hollywood, Orange County, Southern California and surrounding areas.