Preparing for Rhinoplasty (Nose Surgery)Posted on October 20, 2017
A cosmetic surgery procedure such as rhinoplasty should be preceded by a thorough preparation in order to ensure that the patient is completely ready for it.
Patients who invest time and effort in preparation will often feel more confident and achieve more satisfying results in the end. The amazing and reliable plastic surgeon Dr. David Kim provides rhinoplasty to patients in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, and surrounding communities in the southwest part of the state.
Before the Consultation
The patient can ideally start preparing for rhinoplasty from the moment the surgeon has approved their candidacy for the procedure and the patient has made a final decision about. The following preparation steps can be taken in advance:
- Send the previous medical records from the doctor and the hospital directly to the surgeon’s office. The surgeon will go through the records to learn about any ongoing health conditions as well as sinus, breathing issues or allergies to modify the plastic surgery plan appropriately.
- Get in touch with the insurance provider to check in which cases full or partial costs of the nose surgery procedure may be covered.
- Create a list of all the prescription and non-prescription drugs, including vitamins and herbal supplements that the patient is currently using.
- Closely review the surgeon’s practice website to learn about their professional credentials as well as the steps involved in rhinoplasty surgery to prepare for a more effective consultation.
- Note down various questions that the patient may want to ask from the surgeon at the time of initial consultation to clear their concerns and doubts.
Diet and Fitness
In the weeks or months preceding rhinoplasty, the patient should ideally start eating balanced meals. The lean protein intake may be increased to an extent to improve bodily strength to sustain the surgery and expedite recovery. The patient should also pursue a regular fitness and exercise regimen as far as possible. Healthy and fit patients are ideal candidates for any major surgery procedure such as rhinoplasty.
Prior to the Surgery
If the patient is working, they should preferably apply for a leave for at least one week from their workplace well in time. They should also request for a second week of limited physical activity at work. Any urgent tasks at home or office should be completed prior to the surgery in order to help ensure a stress-free recovery phase.
Rhinoplasty is typically performed on an outpatient basis, and most patients will be able to return home the same day. They should have some responsible to drive them back home following rhinoplasty. It is also good idea to have someone stay with the patient for assistance in the first two or three days, especially if there are little children to care for at home.
The patient should rest well and have a good sleep on the night before the surgery. In the morning, they should wear comfortable clothes with a front-button top or shirt on their way to the surgery center. Judicious and outstanding cosmetic surgeon Dr. Kim receives patients from Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, and nearby areas in The Golden State.