What Are The Pros And Cons of Rhinoplasty Nose Surgery?Posted on June 1, 2021
Getting a rhinoplasty done is a very personal decision. You need to weigh your preferences and concerns about the procedure. You should discuss the procedure in detail with your cosmetic surgeon before electing for it. At your initial consultation, the surgeon will also explain the advantages and limitations of nose surgery.
plastic surgeon Dr. David Kim provides rhinoplasty to patients in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, CA, and surrounding locations.
One of the most common reasons patients opt for rhinoplasty is that it helps in improving the appearance of their nose. Changes can be made to your nostrils, tip, and the bridge during this highly versatile procedure. You can receive maximum benefits by choosing a qualified surgeon for performing the procedure. These are a few aesthetics benefits of performing the procedure:
- Facial symmetry: Even a minute imbalance in the nose can make their appearance distinctly different. Rhinoplasty allows for a more balanced look.
- Improving shape: Attention can be drawn to other areas of the face by altering the tip or bridge of the nose.
- Proportionately Sized: Altering the width of the nose can have a profound effect on how it fits with the rest of the face.
- Removal of crookedness and bumps: Rhinoplasty can go a long way in correcting imperfections whether caused by an injury or congenital in nature.
Rhinoplasty plastic surgery can help in correcting health related issues in addition to providing aesthetic advantages.
- Improvement in breathing difficulties: Narrow nasal passages can be opened by rhinoplasty. It can also be used for correcting structural abnormalities and improving breathing abilities of a patient.
- Correcting birth defects: External abnormalities can be addressed by nose surgery. Deviated septum and other birth defects can also be taken care of.
Insurance may cover the procedural cost when rhinoplasty is performed because of a functional concern.
Quality of Life Benefits
There are several psychological benefits of rhinoplasty as well. Individuals tend to feel self-conscious when they are unhappy with the shape and size of their nose. Patients attain a remarkable boost in their self-esteem after undergoing the procedure. This is a salient reason for people to choose rhinoplasty.
These are a few factors you should consider before choosing rhinoplasty cosmetic surgery:
- Unrealistic expectations: Rhinoplasty may look life-altering, but it can only change the way you look. You should never undergo any form of cosmetic surgery to please others. Speak with your plastic surgeon about keeping reasonable expectations from the procedure.
- Length of recovery time: This is a major surgery. It requires anywhere from a few days to weeks to completely heal. The extent of recovery depends on the invasiveness level.
- Cost: There are several financing options available for rhinoplasty. However, it is largely an elective procedure and may not be covered by your insurance carrier.
- Risks: Rhinoplasty is a safe surgery when performed by a skilled and qualified plastic surgeon. There are few long-term complications.
Cosmetic surgeon Dr. David Kim receives patients from Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, CA, and nearby areas for rhinoplasty.
Schedule a Consultation with Beverly Hills California Plastic Surgeon Dr. Kim
Also visit drdavidkim.com
Serving Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, West Hollywood, Orange County, Southern California and surrounding areas.