Your Breast Lift ConsultationPosted on April 10, 2018
As a first step while considering breast lift cosmetic surgery procedure, the patient would have a detailed pre-op consultation with the surgeon.
The surgeon will examine the patient thoroughly to establish her candidacy for a breast lift surgery. They will also assess the patient’s medical history to ensure that the risk of complications is not high.
The patient should proactively engage with the surgeon, carry a list of questions to ask, and ideally also carry a list of medications that she currently takes so that the surgeon can make the appropriate recommendations. Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. David Kim provides breast lift to patients in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, and surrounding communities.
During the pre-operative consultation, the patient will get an opportunity to discuss her aesthetic goals with the surgeon. The surgeon will assess the patient as a candidate for a breast lift plastic surgery and explain the incision techniques that may be most suitable for her.
It is essential that the patient is frank and forthright during this discussion about her health and cosmetic concerns and goals.
The surgeon will assess, measure, and take pictures of the patient’s breasts for medical records.
The surgeon will evaluate:
- The existing shape and size of the breasts
- The shape and size that the patient desires
- The degree of laxity of the breast tissue
- The overall quality and texture of the skin
- The location of the nipples and areola
If the patient feels that their breasts are too small or large, then the surgeon might suggest breast reduction or breast augmentation procedure in addition to breast lift.
The patient should attend this consultation with the openness to discuss her complete medical history. This may include the following information:
- Past surgeries such as breast biopsies
- Current and past medical condition
- Present medications and allegories
- Past medical treatments
- History of breast cancer in the family
- Present mammogram outcomes
The patient should inform the surgeon if she plans to lose a significant amount of weight or become pregnant in near future. Furthermore, pregnancy can have an unpredictable impact on the results of a breast lift procedure.
Planning the Surgery
This consultation will provide the patient with an opportunity to understand which surgical techniques will be most suitable for her. The surgeon will also address any questions or concerns regarding the procedure. The patient should be open about her expectations and objectives for best outcomes.
The patient’s goals and her health and physical evaluation will help the surgeon create a customized breast surgery plan.
Key Aspects to Discuss
The suggestions and information that the surgeon shares with the patient may include:
- The surgical approach including information on the procedure or combination of techniques
- The results that the patient can expect
- The costs involved in the surgery
- Risks of complications inherent to the procedure
- Preparations that the patient should undertake for the breast lift surgery
- Present before and after photos of former patients that have undergone a similar surgery
The surgeon will also discuss breast implant or fat transfer alternatives if the patient decides to receive breast augmentation along with a mastopexy. Dignified cosmetic surgeon Dr. David Kim receives patients from Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, and other cities and towns across the horizon for a breast lift.
For more information on the surgical and non-surgical procedures and treatments by Board Certified Cosmetic Plastic Surgeons Dr. David Kim and Dr. Eugene Kim, contact us (310) 271-6996 at or click here.
Serving Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, West Hollywood, Orange County, Southern California and surrounding areas.